Monday, November 15, 2010

Trusting Humans is a Mistake - Chapter 15


I could not hide in my hovel for all of my life. I had to come out and reveal myself to the De Lacey family at one point or another. I loved these people. Every one of them had won a special place in my heart and I felt a sort of connection towards them. Even though they not knew about me, in my mind they would see past my physical flaws and accept me as the living thing that I was. Or so I thought, for one sunny autumn afternoon was when I seized the opportunity to show myself to the cottagers. I knew that my appearance was going to take them by shock and maybe hurt my chances of them loving me, so I decided to only introduce myself to the father. The fact that he was blind and wouldn’t see how I looked worked in my favor. When Safie, Felix, and Agatha decided to go on a long walk through the country I knew that was my chance. And so I entered the De Lacy house. At first the old man was polite and somewhat understanding and concerned about me when I told him my story, but this all changed suddenly when Felix entered and saw me, standing there, holding his father’s hand. Felix panicked and violently attacked me. I could have easily killed him just as easy as I would break a stick, but after all the feelings and memories I had felt with them I couldn’t bring myself to harm this ignorant creature, I just couldn’t. My heart was shattered and all I could do was run out in dispair.

-The Creature

No comments:

Post a Comment